I will be at the Del Mar Racetrack today for the opening day festivities. I'll be back at it tomorrow.
In the meantime you can debate whether or not the Bancroft family will vote to sell Dow Jones to Rupert Murdoch now that the Board has approved the sale.
Disclaimer
The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice. All site content, including advertisements, shall not be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell any security or financial instrument, or to participate in any particular trading or investment strategy. The ideas expressed on this site are solely the opinions of the author(s) who may or may not have a position in any company or advertiser referenced above. Any action that you take as a result of information, analysis, or advertisement on this site is ultimately your responsibility. Consult your investment adviser before making any investment decisions.
2 comments:
Apparently, the Bancroft family is meeting on Monday to discuss. There's going to be alot of pressure from other shareholders(even though they knew the capital structure of the company when they bought in) to sell. The newspaper business is not growing and this may be the best deal they will get.
My opinion is that they have to sell at this point. They most likely will not get offered more money and they will have bigger problems than Rupert when private equity companies come calling in the future. Any thoughts, Ryan?
Nick-
When Murdoch's offer was first announced I was sure he would have some competition, but I was wrong. No other serious bidders have emerged and it doesn't look like any will.
At this point I would say that odds are this deal will go through . . . but not without a bit more posturing. Monday should be interesting to say the least.
--Ryan
Post a Comment