Super Tuesday and Mardi Gras
I think its safe to say that "Super Tuesday" is a little bit more important for our country than "Fat Tuesday", though I'm sure at least a few people down in New Orleans or Rio de Janeiro would contest that arguemnt. Today is the make or break day for the Presidential candidates on both sides of the aisle, as candidates Obama, Clinton, McCain and Romney battle for their parties nomination.
Primaries are taking place today in 24 states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho democrats, Illinois, Kansas democrats, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana republicans, New Jersey, New York and Tennessee. After today we will have a pretty good idea who we will have to choose between in the general election. Going in to today Intrade is predicting a McCain vs. Clinton general election. Here's how it is shaping up:
After starting slow on InTrade McCain is now the consensus favorite to win the Republican nomination with nearly 90% of the Intrade vote:
Romney's fall has been almost as stunning as McCain's rise:
After briefly giving up the lead to Obama following New Hampshire, Clinton is hanging on to a narrow marging going into Super Tuesday:
Obama is definitely still in this race and with a strong showing in a few key states, he could surprise the world and walk away with a nomination:
I know I will be glued to the television tonight. By tomorrow I hope to break down what the economic policies of the likely nominees mean for the economy and for the stock market.



No comments:
Post a Comment