Monday, January 28, 2008

How Will You Spend Your Stimulus Check?

I have been asking friends and neighbors how they plan to use their $500 (est.) "stimulus" checks and I have gotten some interesting feedback:

  1. What's a stimulus check?
  2. 1 Share of Google.
  3. An unlocked iPhone.
  4. Use it as seed capital to open my own hedge fund.
  5. A Wii and a couple extra Wii controllers.
  6. Wait isn't this just the government giving me back my own tax dollars?
  7. Can I get that in Euros?
  8. A thank you card for Alan Greenspan.
  9. A Nouriel Roubini bobble head doll.
  10. Start my own Web 2.0 startup.
  11. 1 tank of gas.
  12. Donate it to Obama's campaign.
  13. Buy a marijuana vending machine (only in California!)
  14. Pay off my student loans.
I hope this is what the government had in mind when they agreed on the fiscal stimulus package. If you have plans for your stimulus check please let me know in the comments section!

Okay gotta go run and watch Bush's State of the Union Address. I'm sure this will be enlightening . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it will go in savings, to come out later in the year when I need it to pay insurance.

The La Jolla Guy said...

Well, it is certainly good to hear that someone is going to be prudent with their rebate!

Anonymous said...

definitely using it to pay off some credit card debt.

Disclaimer

The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice. All site content, including advertisements, shall not be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell any security or financial instrument, or to participate in any particular trading or investment strategy. The ideas expressed on this site are solely the opinions of the author(s) who may or may not have a position in any company or advertiser referenced above. Any action that you take as a result of information, analysis, or advertisement on this site is ultimately your responsibility. Consult your investment adviser before making any investment decisions.