Will Ferrell Teams Up with Sequoia Capital
Every now and then I come across a business venture that is as hilarious as it is ingenious. In this case the business is a website similar to YouTube which features short comedy video clips. Apparently a venture capital fund, Sequoia Capital, approached Creative Artists Agency about working with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay on the site. Sequoia of course is the venture fund that invested in YouTube, Google, Oracle, Yahoo and Apple; quite an enviable track record. Personally I have been a big Will Ferrell fan since he gave the Class Day speech during Commencement week at Harvard in 2003. I encourage you to check out that video here.
The first video Will and Adam came up with for the site is amazing. The site, www.FunnyorDie.com, has had nearly 2 million hits since its start a week ago fueled by the star power of Ferrell and McKay. I have embedded the first Will Ferrell video for your viewing pleasure. I apologize in advance for the vulgarity . . . the views expressed in the video by Will, Adam or Pearl (Adam's daughter) are not shared by this site.
UPDATE: I originally had the FunnyorDie.com video imbedded, but switched out that video for the YouTube version because FunnyorDie's video starts automatically, which is very annoying. However, YouTube took that video down because of copywrite claims by Funny or Die (see below). So if you want to find the video just go the FunnyorDie website by clicking here. I apologize for the confusion.



No comments:
Post a Comment