Thursday, March 22, 2007

Big Ben Holds Rates, Market Throws Party

The FOMC did almost exactly what we expected, it held rates at 5-1/4 percent. The market however did something that I did not expect, it decided to celebrate. Check out the chart to the right see what I mean. Most major market indices were up over 1.5% on the day yesterday, so the rally left few behind. You can read the statement in its entirety here. I could break the press release down myself, or I could just point you towards the Wall Street Journal Online's analysis which I feel is very much on point. Please note how important each word is in the FRR. A slight modification of wording can actually move the markets. Read on below:


























Source: The Wall Street Journal Online
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-fedparse0703.html

No comments:

Disclaimer

The content on this site is provided as general information only and should not be taken as investment advice. All site content, including advertisements, shall not be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell any security or financial instrument, or to participate in any particular trading or investment strategy. The ideas expressed on this site are solely the opinions of the author(s) who may or may not have a position in any company or advertiser referenced above. Any action that you take as a result of information, analysis, or advertisement on this site is ultimately your responsibility. Consult your investment adviser before making any investment decisions.